In doing all these lists, I realized there are still movies out there I haven’t seen from beginning to end that I probably should. Some of these are big, famous films that I’ve somehow never gotten around to…and others I’ll have to admit I’ve avoided.
- Gone with the Wind (I’ve just never been all that interested. I saw Dr. Zhivago and I thought “eh.” Zhivago seems 60’s and dated now, in my opinion.)
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s (I’ve seen parts, but not the whole thing from beginning to end. I’ve also never seen Charade or Roman Holiday either, oops)
- The Maltese Falcon (Seen parts, but not the whole thing)
- Last Tango in Paris (this was controversial at the time it came out, I remember that much)
- Dial M for Murder and Strangers on a Train (which Throw Momma from the Train was based on, and I loved that comedy with Billy Crystal and Danny DeVito)
- The Birth of a Nation (yeah, I know I “should” see it for historical reference purposes, I just never have…)
- The Seventh Seal (the only reason I want to see this Ingmar Bergman flick is because Marty Scorsese and Woody Allen say it’s like the best movie of all time, but it seems like an acquired taste)
- The 400 Blows (same as #7, Truffaut is one of those film makers I know I should watch)
- Nashville (I love all things Altman, I’m embarassed to say I haven’t seen this one)
- Dr. Strangelove (I’ve seen parts, of course everyone has seen the shot of that guy riding the bomb, but I’ve never seen the whole thing beginning to end.)
What movies should you see that you haven’t (yet)?